Electronic Driving Systems
With advances in technology, the disabled driver has a wide range of driving options to be fully independent. With proper training and evaluation of an individual’s limitations and abilities, there are a variety of technologies available for the disabled driver such as hand controls and electronic driving systems also known as “drive by wire” systems. These innovative operating systems allow individuals with significant physical limitations to operate both primary and secondary functions of a vehicle. Currently, automotive, engineering and computerized industries are racing to develop such technologies as autonomous driving vehicles. Many of the current technologies being used for autonomous driving innovation were adapted from technologies developed for electronic driving systems for the disabled driver!
With over 30 years of experience in the mobility industry, In Motion Mobility is the leading mobility assistive device company for electronic driving technologies for disabled drivers.
Paravan’s Drive By Wire System
Space Drive is a system that is unrivaled in the world – a real breakthrough. It allows persons with low residual strength, a large girth, minimum movement capabilities and even those without limbs to safely drive a car. With Space Drive, you activate the brake, accelerator, and steering wheel using driving aids controlled by microprocessors. These transmit the signals in nanoseconds to a servo motor for the brake and accelerator and another for the steering (“Drive by wire” or “Steer by wire”). We configure the single modules individually. We readjust the software and hardware on-site if your clinical picture changes. The system is certified according ISO 26262 ASIL D and manufactured according to the world-wide highest quality level: IPC-A-600 class 3.
Paravan Touch & Touch Display is an innovative operating concept developed by Paravan that allows individuals with significant physical limitations to operate secondary functions of a vehicle. The system includes a 7-inch touchscreen display and is also available as a mobile app for all iOS and Android terminals (iPad, iPhone etc.), giving you access to your vehicle anywhere from your mobile devices.
Features and benefits:
- All secondary functions can be operated (e.g. indicators, gear selection, electric windows, wiper operation, high beam, horn, door opening, cassette lift , engine control and much more)
- Up to 100 customizable commands possible
- Fast execution of the entered command
- Compatible with iOS and Android terminals. Also suitable for smart watches.
- Parallel use on touch display and mobile terminals possible
- Compatible with Paravan Voice Control
The PARAVAN Voice Control
Experience the already proverbial “driving pleasure” with the new, revolutionary little helper, the PARAVAN Voice Control. It fits perfectly into the interaction between the existing PARAVAN components. Get one now and let your voice do its magic
- Innovation and technology made by PARAVAN
- All secondary functions can be operated (e.g. gear change, electric windows, wiper function, full beam headlights, horn, door opening and much more)
- Up to 500 individually adaptable commands possible
- Available for many vehicle types
- Fast execution of the spoken command
- Available in different languages
- Insensitive to interfering noises
- Feedback with the help of LEDs in the driver’s
- Intelligent radio muting
- 3 digital outputs, 1 CAN interface, supply)
- Temperature range: -40°C – 85°C
- Fast system start: ~3s
- Can be used with all Electret microphones
New hand control technology features electronic accelerator which requires less moving parts allowing cleaner installations.
Additional benefits include less effort required to operate the accelerator, activating the hand controls deactivates the vehicle throttle pedal and vice versa making it safer for all the vehicles users
Also, please include this statement on the electronic systems page with a picture of the 3-d printer: At In Motion Mobility we offer 3D printing to provide the most solutions for technical challenges.